Saturday, February 12, 2011

#1. Most of the What You "Know" About Pregnancy Is a Lie

Thanksgiving day. Two months pregnant. I was hysterically sobbing to my husband. "I was so stupid! I thought pregnancy would be beautiful. What was I thinking?!? I can't do this!"

I've always wanted to be pregnant. Not just to have a baby, but to actually have a baby growing inside of me. How touching! How beautiful! How short-sighted.

My husband frequently warned me before I got pregnant that my expectations were too high. Nothing as mammalian as pregnancy could possibly warrant my level of enthusiasm. But I didn't listen.

It turns out, as it often does, that Adam was right. I certainly don't regret getting pregnant, but I sometimes feel like I did so under false pretenses. Pregnancy isn't cute. Pregnancy isn't pretty. And it isn't easy.

Stay tuned for frequent updates as I learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment